Wednesday 8 September 2010

The book. That day.


I am also hoping to buy this book on eBay as it's damned near impossible to find

I didn't realise it's a Shire Classic - ha ha.

This is the book that started it all, that fateful day I spent lazing at my friend's place, suckin down beers on the balcony in the shade on a 32 degree summer's day, having just picked my first padlock. I flicked through this simply illustrated book and was truly (I mean *TRULY*) fascinated.

Nothing's changed except how much romance I am allowed to engage with in relation to locks and keys. My only regret is not finding my career til I was 29yrs old.
Still, between reading this book at my friend's place in my hometown of Sydney and starting work in the industry over in England with no experience and a big serve of brave was only 4 months. I'm pretty proud of that bit, glass ceilings and all ....









4 comments:

RestraintsBlog said...

I have this book. You can have it too. You're just looking in the wrong place. Look here:
http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?binding=&mtype=B&keyword=978-0-7478-0422-2&hs.x=0&hs.y=0&hs=Submit

Giles English said...

or even use the google product search:
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=keys+their+history+and+collection&aq=f

RestraintsBlog said...

One more thing, you probably should not blog about what you want to get from eBay until after it is over as you are essentially advertising the item and as a result might end up having to bid against some of your readers!

LockChick said...

Thanks RESTRAINTSBLOG - I have learned this the hard way, as YOU outbid me on the cute Deny Padlock I sent you a link to! Heh!

So long as it goes to someone who will appreciate it, I'm fine with that.

Good advice about the eBay thing, thanks