Monday 6 September 2010

A few pictures April 2010 - August 2010



The diversity of my few months as an indentured apprentice.... In pictures.

A range of stuff on my bench one morning, lined up for the day.
Pinning red Abus 83/50s to the NMB key, a Mazda lock with customer's key (common request "Make this lock work with my key" = take it all apart and rekey it), a customer's Holden key.


The Post Box - retired, like it's owner I think. SunSafe in foreground awaiting it's new second home.

Ah. Not one I could pick. It turned out to be an Emhart! Those in the know will know picking it was not really an option. Boss got one of the two out in tact for the keeping - anyone know where one can buy them new? Made by Corbin Russwin.

Rekeying a new Holden Commodore ignition to suit the customer's existing key

The "Jesus" lock (heh). Customer was a local church, this lock was used to safeguard the cups and other things used for mass for the wine/blood. I felt like I needed to be extra careful with this little job. It meant so much to the customer.



I do a lot of auto now - who would've thought! Cars are for boys.





The awesome jig. Yesss.
Mortice lock in fresh wood? No problem.
The biggest problem was the doors were literally painted 10 mins before we came along needing to fit new locks and we were told to do them anyway.




Pinning part of a Master-Keyed system (E V V A DPS)


The "Modified Locking Bar" - Seriously.  How long did this dodgy workmanship last...



The refurbed SunSafe - hours of fun. *coughs*







No comments: