Wednesday 8 September 2010

eBay strikes again


So.

Bid for and "won" this item on eBay. I wanted the whole thing, case and all - I liked the idea of having a display case, even though I don't have anywhere to put anything at the moment - maybe that's why the display case appealed, so it *wouldn't* be in a box under my bed...

Then after talking it over with a friend, decide to opt out of the display case to save on postage. I had a very relieved seller replying saying that's for the best and they'd refund what I paid to have the case shipped with it - he was glad I'd changed my mind and gone for the cheaper option because UPS quoted him US$599 to get it to me here in Australia - that's not a typo for $59, that's US FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS. I paid US$86 - I guess he would've been up the creek if he'd had to honour the sale's postage!

Mmph. Now I'll be owning even more old locks and no frickin storage for them - so, I'm on the hunt for a nice jeweller's case/display case similar to this.

If any of these locks or keys are interesting to you, comment. I may even consider swapsies. My avid lock-collecting friend already has dibs on one of the padlocks!




No comments: